Château Milhau Lacugue is located North from the village of Puisserguier, West from Beziers. Between 88 and 205 m high, its vineyards receive a lot of wind, which makes for one of its main characters, major temperature differences.
As for many properties in this area, an old Roman villa can be found at its origin : Villa Emilio, Emilius’ farm, which stood on one of the Roman roads that ran around the Mediterranean.
Owned by the Order of the Hospitaliers in the Middle Ages, Milhau is a rest area on the way to Compostellla. Several corner stones on the Domain still bear the 8 branches star of the Order.
Sold as a Nation’s property after the French Revolution, the Estate will not be split until 1927. It will then take 40 years to put back together its 100 Ha. This is done from 1969 by the Lacugue family.